Saturday, September 6, 2014

Blogger Templates Tech Tip

So I felt like putting some effort into my blog and made it really pretty. Generally when I blog (or visit blogs) I tend to spend hours on the computer, so looking at black words on a bright white screen hurts your eyes after a while. So I like darker background colors because it softens the impact and is easier on the eyes. So I made my background color nice and neutral, but not dark enough that I'd need a really weird text color. I made the titles a brighter green/teal because I like that color, and it really pops out on all the gray.
Likewise font is always easiest to read in Times New Roman. The fancy stuff is fun for titles and labels, but for the main body you should always use something simple like TNR or Arial. So I did that too, even though I had fun with the font on my headers. I like the ones that are swirly but not so calligraphy heavy that they're hard to read. I also had to enlarge the gadgets text because they were getting hard to read, hopefully it's all good now.
Little saddened by the image choices, my other blog has a nice city skyline at the top, but I don't feel like figuring it out on here so we'll just go with what we've got. You can check out my other real blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment